Week 7: Thing 16
I read over the suggested links for this exercise. I have to admit I was not a supporter of wikis, I thought that the information on the wikis was unreliable because anybody can put anything on it. After reading about wikis and exploring the sites in this exercise, I found out that a post can be edited by others who usually will correct erroneous information. There are some wikis that can only be available for editing and posting to registered members. This would be the best bet for school use. As a result of this exercise, I have changed my views. Wikis can be a very effective tool. I was most impressed with how wikis can be used to foster learning groups through collaboration. With the proper leadership and mentoring from the teacher, these groups provide guidance in content connections as well as helping to develop techniques of learning that can be simulated in other settings.
Week 7: Thing 17
The PA Curriculum Connection is one of the BEST resources I have discovered during this course. I did successfully add a comment. Thanks for setting this up Crystal. I will be visiting often!
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment